Date: September 14, 2017
Position Title: Director, Administration
Division: Production, Distribution & Administration
Reports To: Vice-President, Operations
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
Are you an exceptional people leader with extensive administrative experience in a technical environment, and a passion for making the workplace awesome? Are you able to manage change, and anticipate the impact on diverse organizational needs? Do you have a track record of managing teams where attention to detail, compliance and speed are all critical? Do you embrace our values of excellence, collaboration and ownership? Do you easily build trust and demonstrate respect in all that you do? We are looking for a strong communicator and relationship builder who excels in planning, problem solving and customer service. Does this describe you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the VP Operations, the successful candidate will direct and oversee the teams responsible for enterprise media management, records management, facilities and occupant services, and contracts and asset administration services. As a member of the senior management team you will contribute to the development and implementation of strategic priorities, long term organizational planning, and work to improve processes and policies to support business continuity and adapt to changing business needs.
- Oversee the Enterprise Media Management Department which is responsible for the secure and effective processing, storage, retrieval, retention and destruction of media assets and associated metadata for TVO; and for the provision of visual research and copyright clearance services for internal clients
- Oversee the Facilities Department which is responsible for facilities management at 2180 Yonge Street and the warehouse, occupant services, workplace safety and security, vehicle fleet and mobile devices
- Manage contracts and asset administration services including TVO’s asset inventory (hardware and software) from purchase through to disposal, administering contracts for maintenance/support, services, facilities and partnerships, and software license compliance
- Manage TVO’s Records Management Program in compliance with the Record Keeping Act and Corporate Policy on Record Keeping, including liaising with Archives Ontario, developing and implementing policies, procedures and employee training programs; developing and maintaining Records Schedules and File Plans; managing the retention, retrieval & disposition of paper records stored internally and offsite, and serving as a Subject Matter Expert with regard to any Records Management system implemented at TVO
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic priorities and long term organizational plans.
- Stay abreast of changing business needs, environmental influences and relevant industry best practices
- Seize opportunities to improve processes and policies to support changing business needs
- Contribute to business continuity planning for the entire organization in collaboration with Operations, Process & Technology and People and Culture
- Oversee operating and capital budgets and authorize expenditures
- Prepare revenue and cost projections for multi-year planning, annual budgets and forecasts; conduct cost benefit analysis for related activities and support audits
- Set departmental objectives that align with TVO’s strategic priorities, measuring results, and taking action to meet objectives
- Promote employee effectiveness through clear, timely communication
- Actively lead and support a positive, proactive, results‐oriented work culture that embraces change and strives for continuous improvement
- Ensure the departments under Administration are equipped to meet business needs with appropriate staffing and skills development
- Ensure operations in areas of responsibility comply with contractual and regulatory requirements such as Occupational Health & Safety and the Record Keeping Act.
- Monitor regulations that apply to areas of responsibility and take appropriate measures to comply
- University degree in Administration or related field
- Enterprise Content Management or Records Management Certification is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years work experience to include 5 years of supervisory experience, as well as experience in positions of increasing responsibility in the areas of contract administration, facilities, finance, management and customer service
- Experienced relationship builder, self-starter, excellent interpersonal and organization skills, coupled with a strong customer service orientation.
- Must have strong collaborative, planning, analytical, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Must be an excellent communicator with excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Experience in budget management and oversight
- Must be able to focus on details, multi-task when required, establish priorities, manage conflicting priorities, and work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to use considerable judgment, initiative and independence
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact
- Ability to anticipate and avert “crises”, and to respond calmly and effectively if they do arise
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.