Date: September 14, 2017
Position Title: Manager, Enterprise Media
Division: Production, Distribution & Administration
Reports To: Director, Administration
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
Are you an exceptional people leader with extensive experience in visual research and digital media management? Do you have the collaborative, analytical and problem solving skills to lead archiving efforts for a diverse range of digital products? Do you embrace our values of excellence, collaboration and ownership? Do you easily build trust and demonstrate respect in all that you do? We are looking for a strong communicator who excels in planning, problem solving and customer service. Does this describe you? If so, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will lead the team responsible for visual research, copyright and the secure and effective processing, storage, retrieval, retention and destruction of media assets and associated metadata for TVO and ILC. You will steward the TVO archive: curating and providing access to historical media and ensuring the appropriate preservation of content created today, for the future, are in alignment with TVO values, policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate staffing with effective training to meet business objectives
- Work closely with Current Affairs & Documentary, Digital Learning, Marketing, Business Affairs and Media Services to effectively support strategic priorities
- Plan and prioritize content processing, deletion of expired content and monitor copyright issues
- Manage the operating budget for the department, including preparation of revenue and cost projections for multi-year planning, annual budgets and forecasts; conduct cost benefit analysis for related activities and support audits
- Steward the TVO Archive in alignment with TVO’s educational mandate and in accordance with Media Archive Policy and the Record Keeping Act.
- Preserve, curate and provide access to TVO’s historical media where feasible, and ensure the appropriate preservation of today’s content (video, audio, games, apps, web-exclusives, info-graphics, etc.) for future generations
- Be a resident expert on, and champion for, the TVO collection of media and content
- Develop, communicate, implement and oversee policies, procedures and best practices
- Manage relationships and contracts with relevant third parties related to the quality, storage, and processing of TVO media, including (but not limited to) offsite storage, external transfer and dubbing houses, secure disposal and blank media suppliers
- Be a resident expert user of the North Plains Telescope Digital Asset Management System in order to effectively manage TVO’s media assets, meet immediate and long term needs, and to help plan for the incorporation of new business objectives
- Stay current with innovation, opportunities and best practices as it relates to managing media assets
- University degree in a specialized field (such as Library & Information Sciences)
- 5- 8 years related work experience
- Team leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Visual research & copyright experience
- Experience with digital asset management and a digital archive
- Media Library experience is strongly preferred
- Must have strong collaborative, planning, analytical, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to focus on details, multi-task when required, establish priorities, manage conflicting priorities, and work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experienced relationship builder, self-starter, excellent interpersonal and organization skills, coupled with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.