November 14, 2017
Manager, Facilities & Administration
Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
Are you an exceptional people leader with extensive experience in facilities management and contracts/asset administration in a technical environment? Do you have a passion for making the workplace awesome? Are you able to manage multiple priorities and anticipate the impact on diverse organizational needs? Do you embrace our values of excellence, collaboration, ownership and trust? We are looking for a strong communicator and relationship builder who excels in customer service, planning and implementing practices that support the organization in achieving its goals. Does this describe you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director Administration, the successful candidate will manage TVO facilities including: security, maintenance, leasehold improvements and projects, as they pertain to TVO’s leased office and warehouse space, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, policies and standards. The successful candidate will manage teams that provide Occupant Services, and Contracts and Asset Administration services to support the organization’s evolving business needs.
- Manages staff and promotes effectiveness through clear, timely communication with respect to objectives, expectations and performance
- Ensures the department is equipped to meet business needs with appropriate staffing and skills development
- Manages Occupant Services including security, health & safety, on and off-site event set up, shipping and receiving, print shop, office supplies, procurement/installation/moves of office furniture and fixtures, ergonomic adjustments and parking
- Amends related policies and procedures as required in consultation with stakeholders
- Manages administrative services to support various internal business owners, including management of TVO’s asset inventory (hardware and software) from purchase through to disposal, administering contracts for maintenance/support and services, and administering software license compliance
- Liaises with property managers on an ongoing basis for building and security services, leasehold improvements, and maintenance and repairs
- Contributes to facilities procurement and lease negotiations as required
- Manages TVO’s mobile devices and contracts, and TVO’s automotive fleet (approx. 10 vehicles) including acquisition, disposal, troubleshooting, upgrades, contracts, billing and budget in accordance with TVO policies and to suit business requirements
- Contributes to business continuity planning for the entire organization in collaboration with Operations, Process & Technology and People & Culture Divisions
- Prepares and manages the operating and capital budgets for the department
- Prepares revenue and cost projections for multi-year planning, annual budgets and forecasts
- Analyzes building and occupant service requirements to support business needs and conduct cost benefit analysis for related activities
- Engages and manages outside contractors in accordance with TVO policies, legislated requirements and approved budget to meet business needs
- Ensures compliance with contractual obligations, TVO policies, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other applicable legislation as they apply to TVO facilities, administration and occupant services
- Serves on TVO’s Joint Health & Safety Committee, provides subject matter expertise on issues related to the building and occupant services
- Post-secondary degree and minimum 5 years of experience in facilities or property management
- 3 to 5 years supervisory and management experience required
- Minimum 3 years contract management and negotiation experience required
- Contract Management Certification preferred
- Occupational Health & Safety Certification preferred
- Must be able to focus on details, multi-task when required, establish priorities, manage conflicting priorities, and work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong financial management skills, including forecasting, planning and budgeting
- Strong organization, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Pro-active with excellent problem solving skills
- Fluent with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Familiarity with Media industry an asset
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date, 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.