Date: May 10, 2018
Position Title: Business Process Engineer/Project Manager
Division: Process & Technology
Reports To: Director, Technology Services
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
The Business Process Engineer/Project Manager will provide TVO leaders with an objective and comprehensive analysis of business processes and systems followed by sound recommendations. The successful candidate will project manage the execution of the process improvement activities. You will improve existing processes by designing and implementing enhancements that meet current and anticipated future, business requirements.
- Collaborate with internal teams and leadership to evaluate areas and/or activities for process improvement and potential scope expansion
- Document current state processes using a variety of techniques
- Identify gaps or opportunities within existing processes and procedures
- Elicit and document business (including compliance, regulatory & revenue), stakeholder, solution, functional, non-functional and transition requirements
- Gather process metrics and project manage the analysis phase of the project
- Design future state processes to meet requirements, address gaps in the current state, exploit opportunities for improvement and efficiencies (including time & cost reduction)
- Work with development team on turning the future state process documentation into technical specifications
- Act as liaison between users and development team throughout the development lifecycle (validate requirements, elaborate on requirements, demonstrate new technology to users, etc.)
- Ensure sufficient information is available to support internal training needs or external audit requirements, including documentation of current and historical process, policy and procedure implementations or changes
- Work with process owners in assessing, tracking and reporting the benefits of all improvement projects
- Develop test plans, execute tests and lead users through UAT
- Develop and deliver training to end-users
- Provide post-implementation support to end-users
- Project manage the testing and training phases of the project
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business/Business Administration, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience serving in Business Analysis and/or Project Manager positions using formal project management techniques, preferably in a business applications environment
- Lean six sigma green belt certification is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects of varying sizes and complexities with multiple stakeholders
- Strong familiarity and experience with UML modelling techniques
- Familiarity and experience with business use cases
- Familiarity and experience working within the RUP or similar business process analysis frameworks
- Familiarity with Project Management software, i.e. MS Project or similar.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle (Agile and Waterfall)
- Ability to successfully network and build relationships with internal clients, influence and obtain necessary input in order to accomplish goals
- Strong time management, analytical and interpersonal skills, along with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including experience in presenting to all levels of management
- Experience working on multiple projects with changing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical capability with strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.