Date: June 8, 2018
Position Title: Business Development Manager, Educational Partnerships
Division: Product Revenue & Marketing
Reports To: Director, Business Development & Partnerships
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the Government of Ontario’s partner in digital learning, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO’s powerful learning products and services, rooted in the curriculum, help build an Ontario that can adapt, innovate, and compete globally. Our in-depth current affairs journalism from an Ontario perspective supports citizen engagement and a more robust democracy. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
Are you a business development professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you a natural relationship builder, who enjoys the opportunity of building partnerships in order to secure revenue opportunities? Does the opportunity to work with educational products in an international context sound exciting to you? Can you roll with and adapt to fast changes? Are you an excellent communicator that takes a collaborative approach with all key stakeholders? If so, we look forward to having a conversation with you!
Reporting to the Director, Business Development & Partnerships, this exciting role will help drive the student recruitment effort to achieve TVO’s long term strategy. TVO is embarking on an ambitious long-term strategy to drive value through the development of unique products that will help transform digital education. It’s an exciting time and we want you to be part of it.
- Seek out and secure new revenue opportunities (international student recruitment) and drive revenue growth though the creation of new partnerships in identified strategic markets (South Asia & Middle East, Africa, China and Latin America)
- Develop and implement sales, partnership and student acquisition plans to ensure robust sales pipeline, to achieve targeted revenue
- Collaborate with established partners to identify new opportunities in existing territories and present key features and benefits of TVO Independent Learning Centre (ILC) to support their in-market growth and student acquisition stratagies
- In collaboration with TVO leaders, drive key growth initiatives, identify and develop new joint venture opportunities and support the mandated best-in-class customer service experience
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge of TVO’s ILC, the distance learning competitive landscape, Ontario educational industry and international student recruitment trends
- Collaborate with TVO cross functional teams to develop and present customized education solutions for our international partner audience
- Work with internal clients including product, marketing and digital education teams to support product development and marketing initiatives and opportunities
- Prepare documentation, including sales reporting and presentations on a weekly/monthly basis, or as required
- Prospect, qualify and prepare forecasts for partnership/client leads
- Maintain and grow domestic (Ontario) partnerships with post-secondary institutions, public and private secondary schools
- Lead implementation of the ILC program and support the operational launch to ensure successful adoption by international partners
- Participate in student recruitment events domestically and overseas
- Contribute to the strategic plan of TVO’s ILC as it relates to Academic International partnerships including targets, policies, tool development, evaluation and branding
- Implement and manage recruiter agent campaigns; including building relationships and monitoring performance
- Cultivate relationships with student groups and associations to promote recruiting opportunities
- Manage budgets for revenue generation efforts, including forecasting and financial modeling documentation, as required
- Research potential customers, external markets and trends related to regions of responsibility
- Provide input to targeted sales approaches
- Provide recruitment and promotional support to domestic and overseas partnerships
- University Degree, preferably in Business, Innovation or related field, coupled with, 5+ years of business development experience in the education space
- Five years’ experience working in a business development position in an international context in, educational sales, student recruitment and partnerships with a proven track record of being able to create revenue-generating partnerships
- Experience with academic business strategies of international education promoting educational programs in overseas markets
- Knowledge of education sector including student recruitment, academic issues, market trends, regulatory environment, networks and contacts
- Experienced in building partnerships and closing deals
- A proven track record of exceeding targets
- Entrepreneurial team player with determined attitude and ability to meet performance targets
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentations skills
- Familiarity with the use of communication and information technologies for administrative and marketing purposes
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and customer service skills
- Resourceful and confident relationship builder, with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to deliver tangible results when working independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility to work with cross functional internal teams and various external stakeholders
- Superb organizational and follow-up abilities
- Preference would be given to an additional language competency
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.