Date: November 8, 2018
Position Title: Education Officer (K-12)
Division: Digital Learning
Reports To: Manager, Mathify and Educational Outreach
Salary Range: $58,695.00 - $68,796.00
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the Government of Ontario’s partner in digital learning, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO’s powerful learning products and services, rooted in the curriculum, help build an Ontario that can adapt, innovate, and compete globally. Our in-depth current affairs journalism from an Ontario perspective supports citizen engagement and a robust democracy. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
This position is accountable for building relationships and sharing TVO’s wide array of quality digital products with the K-12 educational community.
The Education Officer, K – 12, is responsible for:
- Increasing awareness and adoption of TVO’s digital products to support learning inside and outside the classroom
- Actively contributing to TVO’s outreach strategy amongst varied partners including Ontario’s educational community, the tech sector and the Ministry of Education
Through a passion for education and energetic, data driven outreach initiatives, this role ensures that resources are visible to educators, parents, and students. The role is focused on creative and engaging outreach including online and personal presentations, conferences, networking and other engagement strategies.
The position is primarily community based requiring access to a vehicle with evening and weekend presentations.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the Ontario educational demographic, shares their knowledge of the trends and opportunities within and outside the education system, and contributes to TVO’s reputation as a leader in the field of digital education and global competencies. The ideal candidate must have experience in and understanding of current strategies for teaching Mathematics.
- Lead and facilitate outreach activities across the K-12 educational community, including; communication and liaison with school districts, federations, affiliations and employee group partners, EDU, and Faculties of Education
- Promote TVO and TVO’s K-12 digital products and services in targeted professional learning sessions across the province. These products include Kids properties, mPower, Mathify, TVO in the Classroom, the Independent Learning Centre (ILC), GED and TeachOntario
- Drive the registration and usage of all TVO K-12 Digital Education products and services by enthusiastically engaging contacts in the educational and broader sector
- Develop and create innovative content and meaningful resources for educators, that will highlight TVO’s Digital Education products and services, via webinars and/or at education conferences
- Develop, implement and sustain effective outreach projects
- Plan, develop and track metrics to establish the impact and efficacy of outreach efforts
- Provide contact point for external clients to access support and information on the project
- Initiate, build and maintain relationships within educational community
- Contact educators and community organizations to publicize and provide information regarding TVO’s Digital Education’s products and services, K-12
- Prepare and deliver reports for internal stakeholders & Ministry representatives
- Conduct presentations with focus on learning systems and new initiatives
- Design and present online workshops and training sessions through Adobe Connect
- Monitor and report on client needs, to support and enhance educational product development efforts
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Department to engage and communicate with users through Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Craft articles, emails, and other communications to engage users and drive usage
Qualifications & Key Skills:
- A Bachelor of Education is required
- OCT membership is required
- Math Degree or Math Qualifications are required
- 1+ yrs. of demonstrated leadership experience delivering on projects
- Relationship builder internally and externally with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently, effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Drive for results
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when required, and have a valid Ontario Driver’s license with access to a vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check
- Experience in and understanding of current strategies for teaching mathematics, K-12
- Respected member of the educational community who understands the Ontario audience
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies and working with data and metrics
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated experience providing professional learning presentations for a wide range of educators and writing for digital media and online communities
- Experience with social collaboration implementation
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of people within, across and beyond the organization, including students, teachers, administrators, and Ministry Officials
- Resourceful, proactive, agile and client centered
- Strong MS Office skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A passion for delivery of education in a digital world
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by November 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.