Date: January 9, 2019
Position Title: Systems Administrator, Philanthropy
Division: Product, Revenue & Marketing
Department: Philanthropy & Sponsorship
Reports To: Manager, Annual Giving & Direct Response
Salary Range: $59,568.60- $69,833.40
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the Government of Ontario’s partner in digital learning, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO’s powerful learning products and services, rooted in the curriculum, help build an Ontario that can adapt, innovate, and compete globally. Our in-depth current affairs journalism from an Ontario perspective supports citizen engagement and a robust democracy. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
Are you a detail oriented and analytical data guru who relishes the opportunity to find that needle in a haystack? Are you a collaborative team player who enjoys working in a dynamic environment? We are looking for a dedicated and energized professional that will play an essential role in the success and continued growth of TVO’s fundraising program. Does this describe you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Manager, Leadership Giving, the position will support fundraising efforts and revenue generation at TVO through comprehensive and strategic management of all donor databases. The position is split into three key areas of responsibility: Proactive Support, Reactive Support and Project Work.
- Oversees database on a day-to-day basis, with attention to data integrity, system enhancements and integration between multiple cloud-based CRM databases
- Troubleshoots and de-bugs technical issues with philanthropy systems, donation portals and databases, working with vendors when required for a solution
- Consults with Philanthropy team on carrying out and developing data projects that support Self-Generated Revenue objectives
- Develops objectives, documentation and oversees the implementation of data instruments
- Develops and updates reports and analysis on revenue, donors, donation trends, etc.
- Provides information and recommendations to supervisor, to support data driven planning and decision-making
- Performs data pulls, imports and exports for all direct mail, email and telemarketing campaigns throughout the year, as needed
- Stays apprised of, analyzes and reports on behavior trends in charitable giving
- Develops, maintains and recommends business rules for database application, gift processing and fulfillment on an on-going basis
- Coordinates with finance and third-party vendor to perform monthly reconciliation reports and to ensure tax receipts are issued weekly
- Monitors and reconciles gift processing API and ensures that daily data pushes from third-party vendor are completed and accurate
- Spearheads projects that may include researching and implementing new systems or processes; documents and reports on the process
- Monitors and reconciles monthly gift records to ensure they are processing through IATS on a daily basis
- University degree or college diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 experience administering CRM databases, preferably in a fundraising/development office capacity. Salesforce and Blackbaud platforms strongly preferred.
- Salesforce Administration experience, including creating and maintaining Salesforce custom fields, formula fields, roll up summary fields, validation rules, page layouts, and workflows preferred
- Training and experience using database tools such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SQL, SOQL, Apex Data Loader, Demand Tools, and Workbench
- Demonstrated experience in data mining to support outreach efforts, as well as preparing complex data analysis for all levels of administration, preferably within a fundraising environment
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability in planning projects, communicating with all stakeholders and meeting project deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Demonstrated record of problem-solving and priority-setting; ability to track and process multiple issues simultaneously and accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills; an effective and respectful communicator and influencer
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Understanding of CRA, PIPEDA and CASL guidelines an asset
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.