Date: January 9, 2019
Position Title: Manager, Content
Division: Digital Learning
Department: Interactive Digital Media
Reports To: Director, Interactive Digital Media
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the Government of Ontario’s partner in digital learning, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO’s powerful learning products and services, rooted in the curriculum, help build an Ontario that can adapt, innovate, and compete globally. Our in-depth current affairs journalism from an Ontario perspective supports citizen engagement and a robust democracy. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
The Manager, Content is a leader with a passion for creating innovative screen-based media that is relevant, educational, and engaging. The successful candidate will be an “out of the box” thinker, works easily with cross-functional teams, and is someone who is ready and willing to take smart risks. A strong content and project manager, the incumbent is highly creative and able to create fun and engaging content for children and adults.
You will champion cross departmental collaboration in order to deliver products in keeping with TVO’s Strategic Direction.
- Manages a team of digital producers and game designers
- Collaborates with the Director and the cross-functional team for content execution of websites, games, interactives, and videos
- Leads ideation and pitches interactive and content ideas to stakeholders
- Works closely with educators to ensure that all content created for classroom games, online high school courses, and tvokids.com begins with a learning expectation, is age appropriate, intuitive, and functional
- Leads the design of: fun and educational games, engaging web content and thoughtful learning activities for online high school students
- Works with producers, game designer, and cross functional team members to create story arcs and reward strategies for games
- Manages pre-production on games, interactives, and course content
- Coordinates with Director and the product team to ensure all content meets the requirements for TVO products
- Reviews external proposals for alignment with TVO’s Educational Blueprint and alignment to content strategy
- Collaborates with the cross-functional team to determine how to best develop user test plans, ensure all content is play tested and feedback is integrated into the final content
- Reviews functional specifications for delivery to product and development and reviews business requirements
- Takes on the role of Project Manager as required
- 7+ years of experience in content development, with a particular interest and experience in website management, gaming, or educational content
- 5+ years of experience in managing and motivating creative teams, with a strong focus on developing sound cross-functional relationships
- Post-secondary degree; courses or experience in digital production and content
- Must have an interest, understanding and passion for educational content and children’s media
- Solid Project management skills and an understanding of the customer experience. An understanding of market research and usability testing is an asset
- Experience in successfully handling and managing through the delivery of a large and diverse portfolio of complex projects
- Stakeholder management and strong negotiation skills, with the ability to leverage necessary resources to further initiatives
- Solid planning, analytical and critical thinking skills coupled with excellent communication, presentation, relationship building and conflict resolution skills at all levels of the organization
- Experience with MS Office suite, MS Project or similar tools, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Agile Project Management Process is an asset
- Knowledgeable about industry trends and up to date with trends in technology and delivery platforms
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.